Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- Contains a wealth of information on how to shop for health insurance, COBRA laws, complaint statistics, Patients Bill of Rights, and other topics. Great starting point for insurance shopping in Washington State.
- One of their brochures, Individual Health Care Coverage Guide (pdf), includes information on which companies offer coverage, by county, and information on HSAs (Healthcare Savings Accounts). Also has contact information for both government and private insurers operating in the state, including Medicaid, Basic Health, CHIP, Group Health, Regence, Premera, Lifewise, KPS, and Asuris.
Places to Get General Insurance Quotes
- esurance.com – Web site that gets you quotes from different insurers, which can include HSA plans.
HSA (Healthcare Savings Account) Information
- IRS Publication 969 – Guide to HSAs (pdf). Note that Publication 969 is also available in HTML format
- Treasury Department FAQ on HSAs – Frequently-asked questions about Healthcare Savings Accounts
- HSA Insider – Commercial site with easy-to-understand HSA information, and information on how to find a bank offering HSA accounts.
Here is some information and links that have recently come across the Digital Eve list.
- Consumer Reports article
- Washington Health Insurance (WA) – Includes information on types of healthcare, with chiropractice, alternative, pre-existing conditions, and low-income options listed.